Woodworking Projects using Basic Carpentry
Woodworking projects are fun to build!
I have been a professional carpenter for many years, but I also enjoy
building things out of wood in my free time. Almost
everywhere you look inside and outside of my home, you will find
something that I built; picture frames, furniture, a patio cover, a bar
for the patio, shelves, games, flooring, and on and on...
When you build your own carpentry projects, you have unique, one-of-a-kind
items, that can't be purchased at any store. And, since you have
custom made the item, it is exactly the size, shape, and color that you
Outdoor Shower Plans - Build Your Own Outdoor Shower
Outdoor Shower Plans - I designed and built this outdoor
shower on some property located in the Hill Country of central
Texas. The corrugated tin and western red cedar structure
blended well with the local architecture.
Cedar Deck - Design and Build Your Own Cedar Deck
Cedar Deck - This article is an account of my experiences
while building my own cedar deck in the hill country of Texas...
Patio Cover Plans - Build Your Own Deck Cover or Patio
patio cover plans as a guide, you can build
your own covered patio or outdoor room...
Make your own truck ladder racks
Make your own ladder racks and save big bucks! When
I was looking for racks to haul my canoe, I was surprised at how
pricy the name brand racks were. I decided to do some
research on materials that were available at the local hardware
store and came up with
Picnic Table Plans
Build your own
table or other
outdoor furniture items using the completely free plans on
One of the many useful features of mycarpentry.com is the
carpentry calculators section. They include the
pitch calculator (for calculating roof pitch and slope), the
yard calculator (for estimating concrete), and the
calculator (for calculating the elliptical curve of archways).
calculator is also a very useful calculator, and comes in two flavors (automatic
and manual), for calculating the rise and run of stairs in a
variety of design scenarios. The automatic calculator is also
available as a mobile web app. (mobile stair calculator).
Small Woodworking Projects
woodworking projects section contains free plans for building
several small projects, ranging from birdhouses to picnic tables.
These simple projects can easily be built in less than a
day. Many of them can be built in less than an hour.
Build Your Own Deck
If you are interested in building a deck, visit
How to Build a Deck and
walk through the
10'x10' deck tutorial. This tutorial covers
- Contact Us
- Contact Us - Contact myCarpentry.com with any questions you may have about carpentry or general construction.
- Small Woodworking Projects
- Small Woodworking Projects - These small projects are the types of projects that you could build in your back yard or on your home workbench.
- Scroll Saw Patterns
- You can use these free scroll saw patterns for unique gift ideas or homemade gift ideas. You can also create decorations for your home or business.
- Free Picnic Table Plans
- Free Picnic Table Plans - These picnic table plans are completely free outdoor furniture plans and a great addition to your wood outdoor furniture.
- Outdoor furniture plans
- Outdoor furniture plans - This section contains inexpensive patio furniture plans, wood outdoor furniture designs, and great deck ideas.
- Bar Plans - Build your own Home Bar
- Bar Plans - Build your own outdoor bar or indoor bar using these easy to build home bar plans. Use these plans to create your own bar design.
- Bench Plans - Build your own custom wood bench
- Bench Plans - Build your own custom wood bench using these free wooden bench plans, deck bench or picnic table bench.
- Build a Birdhouse - Easy to Build Bird House Plans
- Build a birdhouse using these free bird house plans - Several great bird house plans that make use of old fence boards and other free materials.
- Free Bird Feeder Plans
- Free Bird Feeder Plans - these homemade bird feeder plans are made from cedar fence boards. You can make your own bird feeder
- Building a Bat House
- Building a Bat House - Why build a bat house? Bats are an invaluable resource. A single brown bat can consume hundreds of mosquitoes in an hour!
- Easy craft ideas
- Easy craft ideas - These thanksgiving craft ideas, halloween craft ideas, and pumpkins crafts are great fall decorations.
- Framing Carpentry
- Framing Carpentry - Basic instruction on various framing techniques such as, framing a wall, framing a door, and roof framing.
- Stairs and Landings - Calculate stair rise and run - Cut and build stairs
- Stairs and Landings provides information about calculating stair rise and run, building stairs, building stairs with landings, and stair railing.
- How to build a deck
- How to build a deck - This page describes how to build your own deck, get deck ideas, and provides deck railing designs.
- Patio Cover Plans - Build Your Patio Cover or Deck Cover
- Patio Cover Plans provides information on how to build a patio cover or deck cover.
- How to build
- How to build tutorials - build your own deck; framing a house; trim carpentry techniques; baseboard installation and simple crown molding.
- Green Building - Save Money and Conserve Resources
- Green building - Learn what you can do to save money and conserve natural resources by building a patio cover and cistern installation.
- Carpentry Tools - The essential list of tools for carpentry
- Essential Carpentry Tools. This page describes the essential list of tools that you will need for your carpentry projects.
- Carpentry Calculators - Calculate stairs, roof pitch, angles, volume,
area and more
- Carpentry calculators - includes a stair calculator, arch calculator, roof pitch calculator, and math calculators
- Carpentry Math - Learn the basic math formulas used in carpentry
- Carpentry math and formulas used for most carpentry projects are the Pythagorean Theorem. Squares and triangles are used extensively in carpentry.
- Span Tables - Calculate Joist, Rafter and Wood Beam Spans
- Span Tables - Use these tables to determine rafter span, ceiling joist span, and floor joist span
- Measure Conversion Chart
- Measure Conversion Chart - These measure conversion charts convert various length, volume, and weight values. The units of measure conversion is between English and Metric measures.
- Carpentry Terms
- The following list of carpentry terms are commonly used among carpenters, engineers and architects.
- How to Books
- These how to books, available through the amazon book store, provide a variety of information about every aspect of carpentry.
- Quality Building
- Learn quality building through proven building patterns. The quality without a name.bubble type level to iPhone applications.
- myCarpentry Blog
- The myCarpentry Blog keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to the myCarpentry.com web site.
- Build it yourself
- Build it yourself - This page contains a list of web sites that complement myCarpentry.com.
- myCarpentry Disclaimer
- myCarpentry Disclaimer - While the information contained within the site is periodically updated, no guarantee is given that the information provided in this website is correct, complete, and/or up-to-date.
- myCarpentry Site Search
- The myCarpentry site search page provides a search tool and links to carpentry calculators, framing carpentry, small woodworking projects and more.